Saturday, June 14, 2008

First day on the Master Cleanse

I'm excited!

Yesterday had gone pretty smoothly (Green Juice, raw yummy salad, blueberries, cashew nut juice and a mango) up until dinner when all hell broke loose and that desperate "Last Meal" feeling drove me to not one, not two, but THREE restaurants in a row to satisfy a binge on yummy and fancy - but still SAD - dishes and assorted wine and cocktails. Needless to say, I bellied up to my apartment feeling guilty, heavy and mad at myself (and $80 poorer!) and threw everything up. So I had some watermelon as my last actual bite of solid food before bed, along with some laxative tea and fell asleep wishing for the strength to stay the course on the Master Cleanse.

I've had the Salt Water Flush mix over an hour ago (disgusting and nauseating), and still no BM. I certainly hope it happens before I leave for work! How embarrassing would it be to have to run to the bathroom in the middle of a session with a client...

I am bringing all my lemons, maple syrup and agave and cayenne with me to work, and plan to go to Bed Bath & Beyond right afterwards to purchase a scale and maybe a blender as well so I can make lemonade slushies to break up the monotony of the cleanse. 

Wish me luck today on my first day!

Love to all,

Gala

1 comment:

Charis said...

Good for you, Gala! It's neat to see you really trying hard to overcome your anorexia...a beautiful thing...but don't do this alone! Ask for God's strength and help, it's a huge thing, overcoming what you are...He has always loved you and cared about you, He made you! He wants to help you thro' this as a dear friend.

Have fun on the MC...I did it a while ago and it felt really good.

Big hug! XOXOX